Advancing racial equity and inclusion by transforming systems of oppression to create sustainable change.
LaShauna W. Austria, Consultant
Community organizer, farmer and ordained faith leader with a fierce commitment to and deep experience in building strong, vibrant, and sustainable communities. I possess a demonstrated record of collaborating with rural communities, faith-based and secular organizations to address race, food justice, environmental justice and equity issues. Building on my substantial experience in leadership, management, and administrative roles with faith-based, for-profit and nonprofit organizations, I have devoted my current professional life to promoting racial equity and building better food systems. My areas of focus include:
Implicit Bias Awareness
This gathering covers how our minds operate and how you understand the origins of implicit associations. Participants uncover their own biases, the systemic impact of bias and learn strategies for addressing them. Can be offered to introduce racial equity.
Assistance running productive and impartial meetings that focus on accomplishing goals and tasks within an agreed upon timeframe to assure outcomes and results.
- Facilitate meetings and retreats through an anti-oppressive lens
- Create effective organization-wide communication and decision-making strategies
- Staff and board development, trainings and workshops
- Retreat and meeting facilitation
- Successful workgroup development
Support staff members individually and as a group in the areas of: 1) racial equity & inclusion, 2) problem solving, 3) solutions for systemic issues and 4) healthy anecdotes for burnout.
Personal and Professional Racial Equity coaching.
- Leading individuals and teams in times of transition
- Coaching staff, board members, and leadership teams to improve leadership and management skills from an inclusion and equity perspective
- Culture and organizational transformation focusing on inclusion, equity and innovation
- Team building workshops and focus groups
Work with board, staff and stakeholders to create a clear vision of the organizational mission, vision, values and goals articulated in a plan that integrates racial equity. Including but not limited to evaluation and assessment of current operating systems and programs.
White Allyship & Accomplice Workshop
Workshop that will challenge and expand your way of thinking about race, racism, and white allyship. Engage in tough conversations about the role of dismantling white supremacy through the lens of the white ally. White allyship is not one and done, it’s a process. This workshop will explore how the concepts of activism and dismantling structures that oppress individuals and groups of people need to happen as synchronous acts.